MnCUN’s Mark D. Cummins to serve on CUNA Strategic Services board for 2014
CUNA News Now © 03/28/2014 – MADISON, Wis. – The board of CUNA Strategic Services Inc. (CSS) elected its members and executive directors for 2014.
Rod Staatz, president/CEO, SECU, Linthicum, Md., was re-elected to a three-year term on the board. He was elected chairman of the board, replacing Dennis Pierce, president/CEO, CommunityAmerica CU, Lenexa, Kan. Pierce now serves as chairman of the Credit Union National Association and as an ex officio on the CSS board.
Scott Earl, president/CEO, Mountain West Credit Union Association, also was re-elected to a three-year term on the board and as vice chairman. Murray Williams, chief operating officer, Iowa Credit Union League, was appointed to serve a one-year term as the LSC Executive ex-officio.
Tony Budet, president/CEO, University FCU, Austin, Texas, is new to the CSS board, being elected for a three-year term. Other board members are:
- Robert Cashman, president/CEO, Metro CU, Chelsea, Mass.;
- Mark Cummins, president/CEO, Minnesota Credit Union Network;
- Diana Dykstra, president/CEO, California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues;
- Roger Heacock, president/CEO, Black Hills FCU, Rapid City, S.D.;
- Bill Cheney, president/CEO, CUNA (ex officio); and
- Wendell Lyons, president/ CEO, Kentucky Credit Union League, and chair, American Association of Credit Union Leagues (ex officio).
The executive committee consists of Staatz, chairman; Earl, vice chairman; Cummins, secretary; and Cashman, treasurer.
Outgoing board members were Pat Wesenberg, president, Central City CU, Marshfield, Wis.; Eric Gelly, executive vice president/chief operating officer, Carolinas Credit Union League; and Bill Mellin, president/CEO, Credit Union Association of New York.