Royal CU donates over $8K to Minnesota teachers
Fox 9.com © 05/13/2014 – EAU CLAIRE, Wis. – Royal Credit Union believes a good education is a solid foundation for lifelong learning. That’s why RCU donated over $8K this school year to area classrooms. Each year the FOX 9 Top Teacher Awards honor the best educators in and around the Twin Cities and metro area. Royal Credit Union is a proud partner of this teacher recognition campaign. RCU awards a $900 check to each winner for classroom supplies. Subway Restaurants awards each winner a sandwich party for 100 individuals. Nine award winners were chosen and surprised by FOX 9 anchors with TV coverage. Royal Credit Union representatives were also on hand to present the $900 checks.
Nominations were taken online and reviewed by a committee. Eight Top Teachers were chosen by the committee, the ninth teacher was selected via a Facebook vote to win the People’s Choice Award. The recipients of this year’s FOX 9 Top Teacher Awards are:
- Chris Hauer, 5th Grade, Olson Elementary, Bloomington
- Debra Hibbard, 2nd Grade, Willow Lane Elementary, White Bear Lake
- Josie Vandewege, 4th/5th Grade, Thomas Lake Elementary, Eagan
- Justin Helget, 5th Grade, St. Peter North Intermediate, St. Peter
- Liz Kesler, Teacher, Elizabeth Hall International School, Minneapolis
- Mara Drill, 2nd Grade, Hilltop Primary School, Minnestra
- Stephen Kemp, Math, St. Paul Conservatory for Performing Arts, St. Paul
- Steven Orth, Language Arts, Metcalf Junior High School, Burnsville
- John Lace, Band, Anoka Senior High School, Anoka, People’s Choice Award Winner
Royal Credit Union has sponsored the FOX 9 Top Teacher Awards since 2011. In the past three years RCU has donated over $24,000 to area teachers to use for classroom supplies. Nominations are accepted beginning in February. Check www.myfoxtwincities.com for details about the 2015 Top Teacher Awards.
Royal Credit Union is a federally insured credit union serving over 150,000 Members with 26 full service offices. Wisconsin offices are located in Amery, Balsam Lake, Chippewa Falls, Colby, Eau Claire, Hudson, Menomonie, Milltown, New Richmond, Osceola, Rice Lake, River Falls, St. Croix Falls, Somerset, Star Prairie, and Whitehall. RCU Minnesota offices are located in Edina, Coon Rapids, and St. Paul. You can open an account or apply for a low-cost loan at RCU if you live or work in 18 counties in Western Wisconsin, 12 counties in the Twin Cities Metro in Minnesota, or are a Realtor in Wisconsin or Minnesota. Visit www.rcu.org or call RCU at 1-800-341-9911 for more information.